Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was reading a thread where some people started to question other people's choice of GFO but nothing ever came to light on why some people choose one type over another. Specifically BRS GFO was in question. With that in mind, what is your first choice for GFO and why?

I currently use BRS GFO and don't seem to have any issues other than it seems to exhaust in about two weeks time.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Ive been using BRS HC GFO and the regular GFO they sell before that. The HC is better for me as i use less, is cleaner, tumbles better and lasts longer than the regular GFO. I just use less but change more often so i dont let it go too long and then wind up shocking the corals when i change it cause the stuff is strong and sometimes too strong untill you know how to regulate how much you need. less is more.
I now just switched to Spectrapures GFO which I have yet to try so i cant give coments on it but in my mind i would give it a try since i know their products are usually high end.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have used a few brands but I like Rowaphos. If you buy by bulk price is reasonable. One of the main reason is I use a lot less. You don't need much. Also lasts longer than others. If you add to much it can strip phosphate very fast causing tissue lose. If used correctly the best out there.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
They are probably about the same there, both are stronger than the regular. That being written I use either Phosban or the BRS, both work well for me and don't strip the water to quickly if used correctly because as Pat mentioned too much will strip the water too quickly and also play havoc with the alk both of which will kill coral.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: