Todd31

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
So, I just tested my alk with my hanna checker that i recently got and got readings of 8.05 and 8.2 and i was expecting low 9's. To double check, i used my salifert kit and got 10.5. Oh boy. I had some salifert check solution which should be 6.7 and the salifert kit read 6.6 with the check and then the hanna read 4.65.

So, it seems like the hanna is a full 2.0 dkh too low? Has anyone had that happen?

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Same issue, here is the response I got from Hanna regarding calibration of the KH checker.

-
"Hi Joshua,

There is no way to calibrate the meter. You can check it by using the HI755-11 cal check standard.

It may be reading lower because of the way the kit is reporting the Alkalinity. The HI755 is reporting it as calcium carbonate.

Which kit were you comparing this to?"

Todd31

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I got the same exact written response as chefjpaul. I guess i have to by the check sample that they sell. Or maybe i should use that $15 toward a kit that works? Sucks when alk is so important and you arent sure where you are.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: