vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I know you very good about fishes, i got few Tangs, one of those start slowly turn black, you may now, why ?!
Tank is 220 Gal. plenty room for privacy, i got most Tonga branches, i don't think is stress , that turn to be a male ?! I like the idea to got black complete, but he was full yellow, i got two in same time (last year) both grow fast, but one decide to go black.

Thank You.

Vio.

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 259

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Two different species of surgeonfish. One is an orange shoulder, the other is mimic. The coloration is normal on both. Beautiful fish you have there.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
What was already said is true, you have an Orange Shoulder Tang and a Mimic Tang, which in time will become a Chocolate Tang. The Mimic Tang will change from yellow to darker brown colors and the Orange Shoulder Tang will go from Yellow to Orange and the body will have have a line through it, where the one part is darker than the other. Also, if you introduce other large Tangs the Orange Shoulder Tang, depending on the size, will go back to looking like the yellow all Juv colors.

Lemon Peel Mimic Tang/Chocolate Tang
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/fish-database/45902-acanthurus-pyroferus.html
acanthurus_pyroferus-flavissimus.jpg
acanthurus_pyroferusaq.jpg

Orange Shoulder Tang
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/fish-database/21269-acanthurus-olivaceus.html?filter[17]=Tangs

Acanthurus_olivaceusJUV_thumb.jpg
Acanthurus_olivaceusAD_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: