Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looking at my 75 gallon sump and saw few of these worms.. I have very low flow in sump and it'd be hard for them to get into display but if there bad I'd get them out ASAP.. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 149

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ill give you the answer if you give me some of your chaeto fellow staten islander :).

What you have there are some of your common bristle worms. They are beneficial to the tank as a whole, but are ugly as anything. I assure you they are already in your display tank as well, but they're just hiding in the rocks.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
What you have there are some of your common bristle worms. They are beneficial to the tank as a whole, but are ugly as anything. I assure you they are already in your display tank as well, but they're just hiding in the rocks.

+1 and if you need further proof, dim your lights and feed the tank. its liek the rocks have arms!

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
+1 bristle worms are great - they eat the garbage. However, DO NOT TOUCH THEM - the bristles on the sides of their body easily detach in your skin and will feel HORRIBLE. Use gloves if you feel that you must handle them. But generally speaking, leave them be. They're good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: