Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
My zoa tank is a 60g shallow tank, the lighting consists of 2 evergrow D120 fixtures, no fish. Flow is med/high thought the tank.

Now earlier this week I had a colony go from 60 polyps to 2 polyps. This colony was about a year old and had been in the tank for 6 months, without any issues. I thought it was an isolated incident however today I look in the tank and see that my red Hornet colony is in similar condition. The polyps are all closed and look like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490212.908483.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434490219.309555.jpg
similar to the other colony before the Zoas died. I did an iodine dip and moved them to a different tank. Any ideas what could be causing this and what I should do about it? Most of my other Zoas look fine as of now but I don't want to continue losing colonies. Haven't made any recent changes to the tank either.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I picked up a large colony yesterday but it wouldn't make sense for the Zoas that died about a week ago, and the colony I got yesterday is doing great. Some people on other forums said Zoa pox, but mike have discolored spots instead of the pimples. Regardless a small store near me has Furan2, the suggested treatment for zoa pox so I'm gonna head over there and get some, this colony isn't looking good it'll be gone in a day or two so I might as well try that. Other than that I'm gonna pickup some fish soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: