Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hi MR,

so i'm moving into an apt in the bx come September/October and want to make sure i'm prepared. My current tank at home A is a 29g. Home B will be a 57g. Move/Upgrade kinda deal. Can you guys please give me pointers? order on how to do things?

I am building the stand and the sump in the coming weeks and have pretty much all the equipment i will be needing for the new tank. Its the logistics of the whole thing that have me a bit stressed.

Thanks Guys!
:grouphug:

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
if you can setup the new tank before hand that would be great. if not, I would say make the new tank as turn key as possible. All the plumbing done. if your running a controller, mount it and run all the wiring. Actually, if at all possible, setup the whole cabinet with sump and all and strap it to a dolly. This way, all you have to do is role it to where it's going and pull it off the dolly, add the tank and fill it. Of course you'd have to secure everything before hand. Good luck on the move.

Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
Are you adding more rock? There are many ways to skin a cat and it all depends on your cat, well.. in this case your tanks. What flexibility do you have in your new apartment and old on? Are you moving in/out same day? Will there be days where you have both apartments? Like most said already, it's best to set up the tank first then transfer everything over once the new tank is cycled. You can obviously also jump your cycle by introducing bacteria (filter, rock) from your old into your new. Anyway feel free to give me a call if you panic.

Best,
Bill

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
the move is going to be from my parents house to my own apartment. I planned on leaving the small tank at home while setting up the new one. What i'm also going to do is build the stand, and do the plumbing now, just not gluing it together, and doing a wet run to make sure everything works.

i guess my biggest worry is that i want to incorporate my current rock into the new tank to A: lessen the time of cycle and b: so i dont have to buy brand new rock again.

After the tank has cycled for about 2 weeks, i want to slowly bring over the corals, as getting rid of rock would be the easiest way to catch the fish.

who would you introduce first, the Firefish or the Yellow Watchman?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: