meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i understand it's three part, but if you look at the dowflakes MSDS there is magnisum anhydrous there which is about 15%. You gotta understand pleadow is 98 percent calcium chloride where dowflakes has other stuff in it. You have to dose the magnesium if you use the prestone,but in the tanks that i been looking at magnesium doesnt drop as much as if you use dowflakes.

Here is the MSDS for Dowflake, there is no magnesium in it.

Here is the MSDS for Prestone for comparison.

paul

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Paul,
Does that mean that you are no longer topping off with limewater?

It was my plan to discontinue with the limewater and just use two/three part. One of the problems I think I am having is since the amount of water I evaporate varies, so does the introduction of the Ca/Alk, ontop of the fact that I am using more Ca/Alk than I was able to replace with limewater. This means that the amount that I was underdosing, varied with how much water evaporated.

NICE PICS BY THE WAY

Yes, I no longer topoff with limewater, just pure RO. I could not keep alk/ca stable using lime and the two part.

I still have ways to go before I`m totally satisfied with the tank. For one, I`m running a way undersized skimmer (ER 6+). I do have an ATI Bubble Master 250 on order, that with an increased bioload and feedings, will hopefuly get me the deep/rich sps colors we all aim for.

Paul.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: