STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hello i would like to get some input or advise on red sea nopox, has anyone used this product? after reading a ton of reviews i went out and purchased one but figured i`d ask and see if anyone has used it and has some advise or any .02 cents on it?

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I use it with good results. Right now by hand but gonna setup a doser. Its vodka and vinegar (carbon) dosing - read up on it.

yes thats what i hear, i was vodka dosing and heard this product works better to maintain levels which is pretty much what i wanna do, did you slow down on feeding or ran another form of media for you phosphates at the same time?

90reefernyc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was planning on using this but someone at a lfs mentioned to me that there is a whole thread over on another forum basically breaking down what's in it. I read the whole thread and decided to go the vodka / vinegar route with a doser for my size tank this is more economical.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I use it and it is amazing! I dosed vodka for many years but wanted to try something different with my new tank. Works much faster then vodka and is more forgiving on corals and livestock, it evens reduces P04 faster then vodka. In one week my nitrates went from 30ppm to 10 and the next week to 0 and that's with heavy feedings 3x a day. My P04 was almost undetectable in less then 2 weeks. Just make sure you have a good skimmer and try to skim wet to remove all the organics.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i find it is much better to under dose than over dose because your fish and coral may not handle the change as it brings the levels down fast, all that is gonna happen is it will take a lil longer if you under dose, you can still hook it up to a doser and once your levels are down to were you want them you can dose very little to maintain as in my case 1 ml a day, i have tried vodka dosing and bio-pellets and i like this much better by far at least thats my opinion i have only been using it for 2 months but no compliants as of yet

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Some Bacteria Strains like, Vodka , some Vinegar some Combo, some Sugar, but i think the Bio Pellets is better, the #1 reason is most of the Bacteria leave inside the reactor, on the Bio mass , not all over the tank. Some corals like the high density of Bacteria some don't.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I've heard the same thing as far as bio-pellets. What would cause a tank to crash using bio-pellets? Does anyone think that using redsea no3po4 and bringing down levels so fast could also cause a tank to crash?

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
2nd posting on nopox my same statement as I wrote on the other thread. It smells like glue or airplane dope . I wouldn't subject my tank to this stuff. I have tried many potions not this one . Best of luck to anyone using it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: