Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Hey guys, I'm having more problems in my zoa tank. Starting 3-4 days ago a small colony of zoas was closed, I didn't think much of it until the next day wen another colony was closed. Today I come back home after being away for a night and 8-9 colonies are now closed. They look like they are disintegrating/starting to melt. I don't see the specks that usually come with zoa pox which I also dealt with before. The tank temperature is 78.9 degrees, salinity is 1.023. In the tank I have a female spot breast angel, melanurus wrasse, fox face, dotty back, and a kole tang. I'll post parameters when someone tests my water probably tomorrow. I still have 20-25 colonies that are open, but it seems to be spreading. Going to try an iodine dip tonite. Any ideas what it could be?
https://vimeo.com/133300791
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436748182.920753.jpg

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
For what it's worth I had a drag with several polyps on it. It never opened after I received it. I had placed it on the sand bed to start, left it there for two weeks, it never opened. About two days ago I moved it up on the rocks, and one polyp opened within a few hours. Today almost all of them were opened.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: