STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
you can try and raise the temp in the tank and give them some food soaked in garlic and selcom hopefully that may help until the morning that your able to buy something if you dont find someone tonight if they still look active and eating you can also try a fresh water dip with ro water and an air stone from 3 to 5 minutes just make sure you match ph and temp or the fish can go into shock and die, how many fish do you have? do you have a separate qt or holding tank that you can treat them in? copper is not reef safe and kills invertebrates!! sorry i cant help but im in jersey.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
are they eating and still active? ime i have had fish with ich and if they are still eating atleast they are able to fight the parasite until i can qt them they also tend to swim infront of the power head from the itchiness, have you added any new fish lately?

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Im at work now. I got the 220 down to about 1.014. Can believe how much freshwater it takes to go down on a 220g with 40g sump. Hopefully this helps till i get home. Ill get meds and drop to 1.009. Im worried about copper and my rocks. I dont want corals but didnt what rocks to become saturated with copper.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Im at work now. I got the 220 down to about 1.014. Can believe how much freshwater it takes to go down on a 220g with 40g sump. Hopefully this helps till i get home. Ill get meds and drop to 1.009. Im worried about copper and my rocks. I dont want corals but didnt what rocks to become saturated with copper.

You need to bring it down to 1.009 to work, and it's better to bring it lower, say 1.007, so that it doesn't go back over 1.009 and start the cycle again.

Hypo is only going to work if you have Ich, if you have velvet, or something else, then Hypo isn't going to work and you most likely need to use copper.

It does take a lot of freshwater to bring it down, especially as you get to the last few points.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Well, if the spots are falling off, and the fish are looking better, then it's most likely Ich. What you're seeing now is the the part in the cycle when the Ich falls off of the fish, which they will then become reinfected again, so you need to get the SG down to 1.009.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a fresh bottle of formalin

I can't be sure but doesn't formalin work well for both?
19779b0014913a574b3b3c92ecc8e187.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: