Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Can i use a lumenarc de pendant with a 150 ice cap ballast and a coralvue 14k bulb.. i would be using the retro with out a canopy.
Opinions please

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
which bulb exactly re you planning on using? I just got the Lumis for use with the Ushio de 14k 250w. At first I used in conjunction with bluewave VII (M80) and the sucker is bright as hell crisp white with just a hint of blue. I will be trying the IC250 next week. I hear that they become a tad yellow tho.

As to using them without a canopy - sure. Minimal light spillage cause the reflection is superior to most other reflectors.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have the mini pendants, and there's no outer shell like other brands. I bet they're going to get warm, even hot to the touch if you don't have a canopy of sorts.

But the ones I have came with little eye hooks for hanging, and they're completely enclosed (unlike a spider reflector that's open on the ends.) so it should work.

B

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
As long as you have the luminarc adjustable bulb mount on the reflector (think it comes standard from most places) then you should be fine. you can adjust it for the 150w and the 250w bulbs. where did you buy the reflector? should be posted somewhere where you got the reflector.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
you won't get as good a spread as the luminarc.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/mar2003/feature.htm

Shows you the spread differences between the PFO's and the lumenarcs.

according to the analasys, your getting a more even spread of the light with the lumenarc than the PFO.
that's very true, my only queation is that it's for a frag tank and was wondering if the spread would be a factor being that the frag tank is only 15" wide and 20"long and 15" high

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
well i decide to go with a 250 IC ballast for good reasons.
1 Ronen is selling one for 92.00 bucks
2 that way when my tank start growing i can frag the corals and just bring them down stairs to the frag tank with the same intensity lighting as the display.
3 IC ballast are easier on the light bill

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: