Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
The problem is the tank is fully enclosed in a wooden frame. Can anyone recommend a good suction cup powerhead? Or maybe theres a way to add suction cups to the hydors...? (I'm sure there's a way, anyone have tips?)

Thanks,

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggestions

Thanks for the recomendations.... I dont beleive the magnet will be strong enough to go through a 1/2" board with a 3/16th airspace due to the tank rim and then the glass.... so I need a way to mount it in the tank. I suppose I could velcro the magnet inside the tank and then use the magnet? Additionally I can only access the back wall of the tank, which would require carefully drilling a hole in the wood to reach the glass, and it seems the power heads are best located on the side walls. I think suction cups are the safer and only way to effectively get one in the tank.

anyone have any ideas or is there a magnet to suction cup conversion kit? Seems I should only need one RW8 correct?

Picture attached

Attachments

• DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00367.JPG
    DSC00367.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Maybe build a bracket of sorts out of acrylic. That hangs into tank, attached from top somewhere.
That way you will be able to move it, (up / down / side to side etc.), as needed until you get the flow pattern you and corals like

Similar to this, but stronger?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437756401.088330.jpg

I would personally recommend 2-RW4's, you can get better random flow, they can communicate with each other.

I'm running 2 in my 40 cube with good results. Plus if one goes out, you still have flow. I always keep one hooked to a battery back up as well.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yea there is defiantly a trade off, but there isn't much to work with here. The wp's are easier to take out of the bracket than the RW's but you give up the wide flow pattern with the wp's. I think you could remove the glue with a wide razor but ideally you would find the sweet spot before gluing it in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: