vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
why don't try to dosing ....Vodka ? Much easy to control, you need one dosing pump (BRS 1.1 ml, you may find used in forum) and timer.

ValorG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
After owning 2 top name brands , I don't thing there is a good better or best. If your diy is working don't waste your money .
There is definitely flaws with the design that I would like to get rid of.

Did you look into the minimax ? Just a suggestion
I looked it up and already used a similar design reactor. Didn't really like it.

why don't try to dosing ....Vodka ? Much easy to control, you need one dosing pump (BRS 1.1 ml, you may find used in forum) and timer.
That probably would be a good option, its just that biopellets have worked for me since I started reefing and just wanted to continue using them.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i agree with greg45 i have also used 2 brand name one was reef dynamics and didn't work any better than the 2 lil fishes one, have you tried red sea no3 pox4 i have been using it for a lil while now and like the results so far

The Reef Shoppe

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i agree with greg45 i have also used 2 brand name one was reef dynamics and didn't work any better than the 2 lil fishes one, have you tried red sea no3 pox4 i have been using it for a lil while now and like the results so far

i have hurd a ton of customers of mine bragging about the no3 pox4 and I'm personally tempted to try it I'm bringing some in on weds. let you guys no the results

ps def agree about the reactors there all fairly the same its just a brand preference at most buttttt i do like the avast marine lol

Tjb

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The marine biosystems reactors are built from the ground up as biopellet reactors. These are not gfo or carbon reactors with a special nozzle, attachment or screen added to make them biopellet reactors (like the avast). As such, they are one of the only reactors which address the specific issues associated with biopellets. I know some very experienced LFS's who've replaced all their biopellet reactors (in store and in customer tanks they manage) with these because they are biopellet specific. The design differences are that significant.

ValorG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
The marine biosystems reactors are built from the ground up as biopellet reactors. These are not gfo or carbon reactors with a special nozzle, attachment or screen added to make them biopellet reactors (like the avast). As such, they are one of the only reactors which address the specific issues associated with biopellets. I know some very experienced LFS's who've replaced all their biopellet reactors (in store and in customer tanks they manage) with these because they are biopellet specific. The design differences are that significant.
I actually had an old bubble magus reactor which had the pump at the bottom and blows up. Made a lil plate which spirals the water kinda like the marine biosystems. It works wayyy better. I'm pretty happy with the mod.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: