Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Have air stones and circulating heads running but not sure how long I will be able to keep all before anything die.

Attachments

• Disaster 2.jpg
    Disaster 2.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 249
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 248

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I've kept my sump off line for a couple weeks while I was changing the return pump/plumbing and didn't notice a difference in the tank. All I did was move the heaters and a mesh bag of carbon into the display tank while the sump wasn't running.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
As long as u have good circulation u should b good for a few days. If u want more aeration i suggest put the airline inside the power head. It makes a big diference
Also lot of us dose in the sump. So if thats ur case dont forget to dose ur DT while sump is offline.
I learn that the hard way!!
Gd luck

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Everyone, thanks for the advice. So far - so good. No changes in coral, my fan worm or fish behaviors. Coral open, Fan worm also open and fish is looking for food. Wonder how long they can go without food. I stopped feeding them since I do not want them to pollute water. Maybe I will feed them a little Monday evening and then Tuesday change 5 GAL of water. What do you guys/Ladies think? How long they can go without food. I have six line wrasse, Half and Half Dotyback, 4,5" Powder Blue Tang, 4" Marine Betta Fish, 4,5" Pilot Fish, Banded Shrimp about 4" number of sea stars, snails and few Tiger Cucumbers. By the way Pilot fish is for sale. Very healthy and like to group with other fish, use to school together with my Lyretail Anthias. Now I do not have anthias and it must be looking to group because it swim all the time next to tang. So if anyone interested let me know. Just in case here is a picture.

Attachments

• Pilot fish.jpg
    Pilot fish.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 73
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Happy ending!!! The new pump is in place and working fine. The most important NO LOSES> all the fish and corals fine. Took a little effort to get to the happy ending but you guys/ladies do understand especially who was there as I just did. Now I have new pump that is running and in addition I ordered a new seal. Next week I will try to work on seal replacements and once it's done I will have a spare pomp.
Thanks to all who responded and who just crossed fingers and wish me good luck.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Thank God I had three air pumps and two power heads that I placed and maintained flow and air water quality. Planned before to buy a spare Dart but it costly, around $300. Well, now the need forced me and I will have this spare once replacements seal in place.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: