sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So for about 2 weeks now this anthias has been at the bottom of the tank. Was concerned at fish cause he straight sunk when I first added him. Took him a few days before I saw him even attempt to get off his belly. Now occasionally, I will see him swim to the topics just stay vertical position , mouth towards surface ( but not gasping for air) then quickly comes right back down and stays on his belly again. Doesn't move when I feed the tank...To be honest, I haven't seen him eat but he looks healthy. Doesn't seem to be losing weight or breathing hard. He just doesn't swim...at least not when I'm around. I did catch him one morning moving through the tank about 3 or 4 days after adding him which is why I've kept him figured he was adjusting but that's it...any ideas?

PS. I don't know my levels cause I don't test so please don't ask. I have 10 other fish and all others are doing fine. Eat like pigs.

ae3706c2ebde3ab8c3d5e8be303f7bc3.jpg

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
By looking at your photo of your fish. By any chance is they other Anthias bullying her. Good chance she is scared and might be to weak to swim with the rest. Best thing take her out and she might eat. Its common for one to be dominated which wants to be male

Last edited:

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
By looking at your photo of your fish. By any chance is they other Anthias bullying her. Good chance she is scared and might be to weak to swim with the rest. Best thing take her out and she might eat. Its common for one to be dominated which wants to be male
Thanks for the reply and suggestion Piranhapat. There seems to be one aggressive male in the tank but I can't say I see her getting bullied. She is about the same size as the male which might be an issue that I just haven't witnessed. Unfortunately I don't have any where to put her besides the sump.
Maybe I can get the LFS to swap her for a smaller one.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I had read an thread on another forum a while ago about anthias prone to flukes. Is she eating?
Maybe consider dosing prazipro if you don't have any feather dusters or other corals that it would kill.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: