jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Gonna star up my custom 150 gallon reef ready tank wit lps softies meat corals n some sps wat r da do's n dont's 2 doin so wat type of equipment do I need don't I currently have a 265 which I'm getting rid of 2 get da 150 custom I have 3 reactors bio pellet gfo n carbon sump wit a refugium live sand wit rock rubble n cheato a huge skimmer rated 4 630 gallon 3 radion xrw G3 pros 2 vortex mp40s wireless which I plan on sellin n upgrading 2 da new quite drive mp60s any advice from someone who is running this system would b well appreciated thnks

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Typically.
It's intended strip the system if compounds and nutrients. (ULN)

of which,
LPS corals are not fond of, as they typically come from more nutrient rich environments.

It's a type of probiotic / bacteria rich system, if you will.

There are many threads of LPS dominated tanks running it, they seem to just dose more AA and feed the corals more heavily and don't burn their lights too high.

It's a ton more work and manipulation & precision for a typical non SPS dominated tank.

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
some of the products work well without the reactor and other don't. Most people use the troubleshooting and the amino acid products without the reactor

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I don't think it's that difficult to read my posts everyone uses short cuts when it comes to spelling used less space rather than write a whole story down but thanks anyway for your input you must be a teacher lol

latino277

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Coral snow, biomat and ZeoZym are the 3 troubleshooters I'm using. Having started using the other additives yet as I'm only about 2 month into the zeosystem.

1329eheim

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
For the types of corals you want, I don't think you need/want to do a zeovit system.

Yep. Zeovit seems to be designed for ultra low nutrient SPS tanks. I went whole hog for 6 months with a new 180 in 5/13 but gave up when I could not keep parameters at recommended levels. Expensive as hell, and SPS grew like crazy before and after Zeovit additives.

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: