Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I had a reef keeper on my 75 and had no complaints with it. It worked good and I ran most of my equipment on it. I have an apex now and consider it an upgrade to the reef keeper, but if you don't have the apex money lol then in my opinion it's a decent controller. Hope this helps.

Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
The reef keeper is still with the 75 gallon setup but I upgraded tanks to a 180 and the apex was a gift from my better half. I do think that the apex is a better controller overall but if it's not in your budget than the reef keeper isn't a bad choice, at least it worked well for me.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'd start with deciding what you want the controller to do, I have a RK lite on my QT tank and works perfectly for what I want it to do; lights and temp. On the display I have the Apex because I'm controlling my LEDs ramp up/down, temps, lunar cycle, co2, top off and emailing me when when needed.

Rating - 100%
36   0   1
I have the Apex couldn't be happier, if its not in your budget its understandable hey its an expensive hobby but there are people on this site selling it for way less than it cost. I suggest just save up a little and go for the better one, youll end up happy in the end.

1329eheim

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I use RKLs. They work perfectly for me, but my needs are simple:

control heaters

turn return pump, ATO and skimmer off when doing water changes (1 hr) or feeding (6 minutes)

running 4 pumps on two different wave maker functions so that only 2 pumps are on at a time

turning lights on and off at set times -- LEDs and ATS lights on one tank; metal halides, T5s, and light fan on the other.

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: