piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Almost two months of hiding. Today my dividend wrasse was found still alive. Very weak and thin without eating any food. He doesn't look like he can eat. But just to show a fish can live a long time without eating. It started when my Melanurus-wrasse decided to harass all my other wrasse. Even my Scarlet Hawk fish went in hiding. I was able to remove him and now dividend wrasse. Melanurus is in is own tank by himself. What a nice fish that turned into a bully. Just a aggressive fish which I never knew. I wish I knew that before I picked him up. Very little information on some fishes that might not get along with other fish when they turn older. I also read my male Japanese swallowtail was peaceful who I find aggressive. I know ever fish is different and you might find that one is less aggressive. A lot has to do with size of a tank too. Lesson learned....

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
The Melanarus is a wrasse that is hit or miss with aggression I won't keep one ever again because for me they are almost as bad as Mysteries and Sixlines. I had one that grew out to 6" that was peaceful with other wrasses, but cleaned out my CUC and another grew to about 4" that was a terror to wrasses much larger.
That is great news about the Leopard it was probably feeding on whatever pods and critters it could find in the inner rockwork.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: