7340.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 74

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Vio,
How much pellets did you start with?
did you take the PO4 reactor and carbon reactor offline when you started?
Did you stop carbon dosing?
Im starting up mine soon and would like to be prepared
also whats the difference between the NP XL BP and the regular one?

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Vio,
How much pellets did you start with?
did you take the PO4 reactor and carbon reactor offline when you started?
Did you stop carbon dosing?
Im starting up mine soon and would like to be prepared
also whats the difference between the NP XL BP and the regular one?

Is very hard to predict how much you need, for many reasons, depend how much PO4 you already introduce in your tank, some time bad RO/DI , over feed, poor maintenance, bad skimmer, bad sump etc. i will make it short, start 1/4 then they suggest, then after few weeks keep add. make sure pump NEVER clog, i still dose Vinegar mix. w/brown sugar small amount , i still have some chaeto in my sump, just to monitor how fast or slow grow i don't trust those PO4 test kits, the best result i ever got is NP BP (the original version) i try almost all brands, i like the one made in Holland, i also try XL, NOT good, not even make sense, if fully understand how BP works, All in One , just a joke, the only reason i use it, help the good ones to move nice, avoiding that bang,bang grinding move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKbfZYtw-nU

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Update
Started the Biopellets today tuned it in at a very low flow rate in to the tank through the skimmer and a medium tumble rate. Let's see what this baby will do to the PO4 NO3, colors of the sps and no more vodka or vinegar dosing. Watching my alkalinity closely cause I heard it does deplete it as use for its bacteria growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: