Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
everything is packed. Check
apartment is painted. Check
moving truck has been rented. Check
Furniture has been ordered. Check
tank has been prepared for move... $#^%%! !!!!!!

the plan is to drain the majority of the tank, drop water level to about an inch above the sand, and to put rocks and water in separate bins. place the tank as the last thing on the truck and the first thing off the truck. my issue though, is when i setup the tank, i never put any union fittings in. the tank is a straight shot from the back of the tank all the way to the sump. i will probably have to make a cut somewhere, unless you guys have a better idea

HEELLLPPP lol

:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If you are not removing the sand then I don't see a need to replace it. But if you are taking out live rocks, then things can get messy and will likely cause a cycle.
One option to consider is after the tank is in the truck, add back about 2-3 inches of water.
Then when you reach destination, drain water out of tank before removing from truck.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I would personally ditch the sand, it will get thrown around and that inch or two of water you left in the tank will be no good by the time you reach your destination.

Ditch the sand and start with fresh sand. You don't want additional stress on top of the stress of moving everything.

Good luck with the move!

Frankie Marble

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is the move? I moved my system to long Island from staten island in early March. In a snow storm. Lol we had a plan & stuck to it, I think that's the key. Started at 6am finished about 5pm. That was with breakdown, driving & Re build My move went well, didn't loose anything at all.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: