Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
here is the story of the worst tank move i have ever had in bullet form:
- Monday: Moved my aquarium from my old house to my apartment
- Got to the new apartment and realized, i did not bring the RO/DI unit
- Tuesday: Retrieved RO/DI unit the following day; realized i have no place to connect and i forgot the flipping salt
- Wednesday: Picked up salt and hose quick connect. connected everything. Mixed water and salt till near 1am. Added to the tank. Turned on all equipment (sans wavemaker and heater as those were already on
- Thursday: heard a pump running dry at 630am. ran to the living room to see my sump emptied out. Saw that the GFO reactors rigid tubing had popped out (its NEVER EVER EVER done this EVER) and emptied out onto the floor. Close to 10 gallons all over.

Water under couch (and couches touch the floor) so i had to move them, dry and flip the couches so that can dry right)
Water on several power cords (thankfully nothing happened)
Water ALL over cheap particle board stand that came with tank
7 towels, 2 mops and a change of clothes later... i got to work 40 minutes late...

really made me want to say screw this and walk away... but i think that was just the lack of coffee speaking. Normally im very attentive to detail.. but this time... i dont know what happened... i screwed up... :sigh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: