Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Like this I don't have the quiet drive can I still do this with the model before the QD and right now that pic looks like he broke it lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 92

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
this is happening to me as well. I did not take it 100% a part, but did notice that if I take the wetside off and shake, that the magnet moves around.

The wetside I have that actually works, if I shake, there is no movement whatsoever.

When I took it apart I tightened the metal screw and it works for a few minutes but then some thing became loose again.

I will have to try harder to get the magnet off so that I can see if there is something lodged underneath it.

Keep us updated as to your success.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
As of right now it stoped spinning inside the tank I took a pic cuz I think it's moving but not sure I'm crazy lol so I just took a pic and I'm going to check in the morning lol but as of right not no it stop spinning .. Tunicata same thing with me

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I took every thing apart like in the pic there a vid on echo tech site it shows you how to do it ...clean it ... I think you need to tighten the impeller and nut on top hand strength and from behind turn the magnet like in the vid and it should feel tight but enough to spin but not loses when u spin magnet the impeller does not turn u will see when u do it

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Make sure the Face Plate is intact. Overtime if you have a wobbly impeller, it's because the plastic on the face plate where the ceramic ring sits has chipped or eroded.
Sad part is that you can't even buy this piece anymore since they came out with the QD models.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: