sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
How do people do water changes with sps tanks? So yesterday I did a water change nothing has changed in my tank other then the water change all parameter are goin and numbers are right on. I look today water change was yesterday and my red cap superman monti and purple tip acro look to be dead acro skin came off and is now completely white. Cap and monti are now gray what did I do wrong it was a 10 gallon water change. I poured water right into display tank and took right out of display tanks. Any help would be great thanks

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I use the Red Sea test kits for alk and mag cal is Api I dose with BRS 2 part mag cal and soda ash instant ocean doesn't have the additive that the reef crystal do so that's what I was asking so maybe it would be better to use that based on what ur saying I may have to switch to reef crystals so I don't have to dose as much

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Also was the new SW throughly mixed? Even the slightest bit of unmixed salt landing on a coral could kill it. I usually mix my SW and leave it overnight with a powerhead and heater just to make sure it's perfect.

sealtea116

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yea salt was mixed for two days and heated to dissolve should I be putting all new water threw my sump I have always just dumped new water right into the display but I don't know

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: