I regret to announce our household all lost the following:

1 REGAL ANGEL, 4 yrs with us ;((((
3 CLEANER SHRIMP, 2 yrs with us
1 6 LINE WRASSE, 1 yr with us
1 PURPLE ANTHIAS, 1 yr with us
other small fish and invertebrates
various SPS frags
NEPTUNE CONTROLLER (fried)
METAL HALIDE ballast (trying to see if it can be fixed?)

Our UPS only lasted 1 hr at most. Temp was fine (79 was highest). We did 20% water change but the above life seemed to simply need the pump current. 27 hrs without current is alot of time.

On Thursday at 9:15pm Mayor B formally announced CONed will have Queens back up in the next 1 hour. He was almost 24 hours off. What a great leader, where is he leading us to?

CONed reimburses for spoiled food, and damaged equipment. I am sending them a copy of my last electricity bill ($650/month) along with itemized receipts showing them yesterday's loss.
I don't care if they refund or not, they do need to be reminded, among many other things, what their customers pay them for. The BO exposes that some of the reasons why they continuously increase the cost of the electricity don't really even exist.

puke.gif

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
A couple of years back ConEd reimbursed the store owners in the Washington Heights or the upper east side area when they pulled the juice on them. I'm not sure if ConEd is going to reimburse anyone this time. Food lose maybe covered under you insurance policy.

Michael

JunglePet

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't say it anywhere, and there is no way to be sure.

All I'm saying is they won't know what some of us have gone through unless we let them (ConEd/EcoNergy/Etc) know what consequences these mistakes/accidents have and what they have to say about it, if anything.

Note I am not claiming for food, I mentioned it as an example of their past response to a more simple BO.

Good luck to all on your recovery and/or restocking.

BrianH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if they would work for your situation(tank size, length of power outage etc.) but I use battery powered air pumps for circulation in my tank during outages.

Brian

C

Crakeur2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone suggested I check my renters insurance policy to see if I could find a way to cover my aquaria losses (posted in the other blackout thread).

It was suggested that the food and other perishables should be covered and that the fish tank was a piece of art that was destroyed due to the power outtage and that should qualify it for a reimbursable loss. Seems far fetched to me

jreef

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May work unless you have a carve out for "fish, pets and animals" like I do. Additionally, you may want to check the perils sections and see if they carve out "loss of electricity" like mine also apparently does.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: