Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
EMERGING FROM ~27 CONTINUOUS HOURS OF BLACKOUT,
I regret to announce our household all lost the following:

1 REGAL ANGEL, 4 yrs with us ;((((
3 CLEANER SHRIMP, 2 yrs with us
1 6 LINE WRASSE, 1 yr with us
1 PURPLE ANTHIAS, 1 yr with us
other small fish and invertebrates
various SPS frags
NEPTUNE CONTROLLER (fried)
METAL HALIDE ballast (trying to see if it can be fixed?)

Our UPS only lasted 1 hr at most. Temp was fine (79 was highest). We did 20% water change but the above life seemed to simply need the pump current. 27 hrs without current is alot of time.

On Thursday at 9:15pm Mayor B formally announced CONed will have Queens back up in the next 1 hour. He was almost 24 hours off. What a great leader, where is he leading us to?

CONed reimburses for spoiled food, and damaged equipment. I am sending them a copy of my last electricity bill ($650/month) along with itemized receipts showing them yesterday's loss.
I don't care if they refund or not, they do need to be reminded, among many other things, what their customers pay them for. The BO exposes that some of the reasons why they continuously increase the cost of the electricity don't really even exist.

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Where does it say ConEd reimburses for food?
Old 08-17-2003, 07:32 PM
The All Powerful OZ
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason: Moderator badge 
Reefer Ratings: (52 (98%)
Friends: (43)
Send a Private Message
A couple of years back ConEd reimbursed the store owners in the Washington Heights or the upper east side area when they pulled the juice on them. I'm not sure if ConEd is going to reimburse anyone this time. Food lose maybe covered under you insurance policy.

Michael

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright before they speak.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful.

It is far easier to fool people than to show them that they've been fooled.

Old 08-18-2003, 02:22 AM
Send a Private Message
It doesn't say it anywhere, and there is no way to be sure.

All I'm saying is they won't know what some of us have gone through unless we let them (ConEd/EcoNergy/Etc) know what consequences these mistakes/accidents have and what they have to say about it, if anything.

Note I am not claiming for food, I mentioned it as an example of their past response to a more simple BO.

Good luck to all on your recovery and/or restocking.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Send a Private Message
I don't know if they would work for your situation(tank size, length of power outage etc.) but I use battery powered air pumps for circulation in my tank during outages.

Brian
Old 08-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Crakeur2
Send a Private Message
someone suggested I check my renters insurance policy to see if I could find a way to cover my aquaria losses (posted in the other blackout thread).

It was suggested that the food and other perishables should be covered and that the fish tank was a piece of art that was destroyed due to the power outtage and that should qualify it for a reimbursable loss. Seems far fetched to me
Old 08-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
May work unless you have a carve out for "fish, pets and animals" like I do. Additionally, you may want to check the perils sections and see if they carve out "loss of electricity" like mine also apparently does.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:23 AM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I found this:

https://m020-w5.coned.com/lawclaims/...esidential.pdf