DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey guys. I've had this pair over 3 weeks now. They are currently eating LRS nano reef food, marine flakes, and even spirulina flakes!! The big guy usually spends his day in the cave, but the little one is out most of the day!! I never had success w sunbursts before, but this time everything is doing so well!! S/o to my guys over at The Reef Shoppe for letting them acclimate before letting them come home with me.
70395e54e1c8a19e505ab503bcb555d6.jpg

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Del, I have one in my 90 and eats good. I would say I have him for months and I got him he was tiny. Maybe he's 3/4 but tough little guy. Like you said stays out and not scare of my swallow tail who bullies my tank. Just want him to grow, hopefully LRF helps.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I had a pair for a few years and although they were out and active they weren't open water swimmers like regular Anthias. This is the rare species of Anthias that doesn't like to shoal with each other and usually fight except if they are a mated pair which you probably have with one larger than the other. I could never really tell which was the male or female, it has to do something with the shape of the head, coloration and shape of the fins. I just assumed the larger was the female. Alittle chasing and bickering is normal as long as no damage is done.....good luck with yours.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: