Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello guys and gals just a random little survey, I'm trying to figure out the best mode on my vortech pumps. So how about a little insight what mode does everyone use if you have the Vortechs, i currently stopped running the wave mode and started running the lagoon mode. Which one do you think will be best suited for SPS

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
When I was running my pumps without a controller it was on nutient transport mode all the time.

Now that I have them connected to a controller they cycle through all the modes at set times throughout the day.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
For SPS, go with Nutrients transport or Reefcrest.

NTS seems to be harder on the pumps, the dry side will get fairly hot.

Reef-crest seems to be easier on the pump because in my experience the pump does not get as hot.

I ran NTS for a couple days a week to kick up some detritus and ran it in reef crest the rest of the time.

Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I vary the power of Else mode a few times a day to mimic tides. Feeding ia between 7:30am and 7:45am. At 8am I put on Nutrient transport until 11am. From midnight to 5am I use Gyre mode for less movement.

Reef Angel FTW!

// set the wpMode based on what time it is
if ( (hour() >= 2) && (hour() < 5) ) wpMode=1; // from 2am - 5am
if ( (hour() >= 5) && (hour() < 8) ) wpMode=2; // from 5am - 8am
if ( (hour() >= 8) && (hour() < 11) ) wpMode=4; // from 8am - 11am Nutrient Transport
if ( (hour() >= 11) && (hour() < 14) ) wpMode=2; // from 11a - 2pm
if ( (hour() >= 14) && (hour() < 17) ) wpMode=3; // from 2pm - 5pm
if ( (hour() >= 17) && (hour() < 20) ) wpMode=2; // from 5pm - 8pm
if ( (hour() >= 20) && (hour() < 23) ) wpMode=3; // from 8pm - 11p
if (hour() >= 23) wpMode=2; // from 11pm - midnight
if (hour() < 2) wpMode=1; // from midnight - 2am

switch (wpMode)
{
case 1: wpWavStr=35; wpWavOff=10; break; //Night Mode
case 2: wpWavStr=37; wpWavOff=4; break;
case 3: wpWavStr=40; wpWavOff=7; break;
case 4: wpWavStr=50; wpWavOff=10; break; //Nutrient Transport
default: wpWavStr=35; wpWavOff=2;
}
// Night Mode
if (wpMode==1) ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode (Gyre, wpWavStr, wpWavOff);

//If 8am - 11am, Nutrient Transport
if (wpMode==4) ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode (NutrientTransport, wpWavStr,wpWavOff);

//Wave for everything else
if (wpMode!=4 && wpMode!=1) ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode (Else, wpWavStr, wpWavOff);
}

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I was useing wave mode but with 1 pump I don't get the wave I like . I was useing 1 mp40 and 1 wp25 but the wp went to crap .... I've been seeing everyone say reef crest for sps .. So I'm going to give it a try for a few weeks and see how I like it

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
What mode and speed

How about for LPS such as torches, hammers and frogspawn, zoas on the bottom of tank? I've been using two Mp10Wes on the back wall of my cube 24 x24 x20 set to nutrient transport/speed on 4 dots or 5dots max. Is that ok? Any suggestions?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: