sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
So I'll be setting up a 150g soon and I will most likely be needing more rock. This will be my first time starting a build from the ground up (My first tank was adopted and 2nd was a transfer + add-ons). So I'm curious where have others purchased there rock from (mostly interested in macro rock stories) and where you pleased with your purchase?

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My next tank will be all dead rock. I want to be 10000% sure of everything I'm putting in it. Marco rock also has a cement that is ten times better than any epoxy the stores sell. plus after a year of corraline you wont be able to tell regardless.

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
My next tank will be all dead rock. I want to be 10000% sure of everything I'm putting in it. Marco rock also has a cement that is ten times better than any epoxy the stores sell. plus after a year of corraline you wont be able to tell regardless.
Yeah, I've been looking at this Walt Smith 2.1 rock on BRS. Just a lot more than I care to pay right now. Besides the price I'm a bit twisted about going with already purple colored rock. With my first tank I remember how excited I was to see my first patch of coraline growth.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I was gonna buy some of that Walt 2.1 then I noticed the store I went to kept in in the same tub with other rocks and I saw aptasia. I agree with looking for the purple patch,,, my .02 is I've seen what you did with your last build and go with the Marco Rock and cement. You should go to their website and check it out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: