Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If you want to manage it, a UV is a possible route. If you want to remove it completely. Do what I said.

Been there, done that. If you want fish such as Achilles tangs, managing it won't cut it.

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
first you have to take care of the problem,why are your fish getting ick stress overcrowding undernourished. if your fish are healthy and strong they will not get it, feed them more get yourself some garlic and selcon and over feed them and remember that ick is always present in your tank its the weak fish that get it

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ick

My first post in this thread.

+1, no simple way without removing livestock and treating in QT tank.

Once tank is free of livestock, needs to stay free of livestock, so Parasite will die off due to no host...

It sucks I know, dealing with it for velvet, and broke my own rule. QT all livestock, if I would have done that, would have not lost livestock and have to keep tank empty of livestock for 2 plus months.

Johnny Spesis

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I increased temperature to 82 degrees, but it half worked, then not at all. I used " Kick Ick" and everyone seems fine. I did lose a few fish during this 4 week process, but the Ick had over-taken them. On a positive note, my mushroom grew a colony, and there seems to be more life everywhere.
I'm 5 months in a 180, and the growth is amazing. Fish, corals, are doing great. My horseshoe crabs shed regularly. A local spearing still swims after 2 months. I'm happy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: