Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Eveyrone, Haven't been active in awhile, actually my tank looks horrible too. Long story short soon I will be revamping my tank look. Does anyone know of a paste I can get or make? My idea is to stack up my rock work almost a foot off the tank floor, I have a 150 gallon 48x24x30 (LxWxH). Im thinking of raising the rocks off the sea floor to have a cortez sting ray someone is trying to convince me to get a blue dotted stingray (not the ribbon tail) but I feel that the cortez is more hardy. Of course I will start small and have no problem giving him away when its his time to go, wouldn't ask for a dime, as I think thats the biggest problem with people saying their trying to give away their large fish/pets usually everyone asks for a price. My Idea is use egg crate and make one giant platform in the tank. Would to figure out away on how to cover the whole egg crate with sand, so I would need some kind of paste for it too happen, silicone? Not sure exactly what to use. Than have 3 or four Cylinder pvc pipes cut to size, to raise the platform off the tank floor. And will most likely use sand to cover the pvc pipes or glue live rock all around the pvc pipe.

I feel that this will not only give space for the cortez ray, but would the raised rock work debris will be easier to clean as well as make the fish occupy more of the middle and top part of the tank.

All tips will be greatly appreciated!

*Better yet, reef safe substance that sticks like glue and goes on like paint would be PERFECT! But am I asking for a miracle? Lol thanks

Last edited:

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
After doing some more research looks like paint wise, Krylon Fusion has been used with great success. Im not sure how will it do when it is used to spray on plastic than sand thrown on top of it. Or if their is sandstone or some kind of sandy looking color in Krylon Fusion I can use that instead and not worry about throwing sand on top of it.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Egg crate does not have the structural capacity to uphold the weight of the rock. It will fail. Maybe not in the first week (or maybe it will depending upon the load you place on it), but it will fail.

I would sooner use starboard cutting board as a platform to raise the rock.

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So making an egg crate platform with various pvc pipes underneath it wont hold well? Pipes that with a diameter of probably 2 soda cans together spreaded around the bottom of the platform? I will look into the paste macro uses and if they sell it

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
you can lay the pvc on its side, I built this structure, it's much larger than this pic.

You can make it as high as you want depending upon the diameter of pvc you use.

Zip ties!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792395.059375.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444792408.027003.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: