b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
When people are selling these what is the point of stating when the manufactures date is? I understand there are different models as far as the wireless and non wireless. Is it just better to buy these new opposed to used cause if there life cycle or something? I usually hear about wet sides having to be replaced after a certain amount of time.
I have the jebaos for now but I'm looking to upgrade. I can't complain about the price of the jebaos but I can complain about the life span. Like they say you get what you pay for I guess. Debating on whether it makes sense to pay $400 each for 2 mp40's. Do I buy used and catch 2 at a decent deal or just go brand new with 2 rw15's which would run me $150 but get a year of life if I'm lucky. But I could always but another set next year and that would make up the price of 1 mp40. I also plan on hooking whichever one up to the apex. Don't know what I would run the pumps on as far as crest mode vs else mode.
Looking for suggestion and input and possibly anyone who has 2 for sale for decent prices or knows of anyone. Thank you all

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
A few reasons. Warranty, wear and tear, and model which you mentioned. I would stick with the jaebos if they doing good for you. With careful maintenance the lifespan shouldn't be too much of an issue.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
IME, the wet sides do eventually go bad. Either a warped magnet or it gets noisy and may need a washer or something replaced. People might lean more towards vortech if they don't want the wires in the water and less heat to the tank.
I owned the first generations so don't know how much they may have improved since.
I bought jebao's and couldn't be happier. I didn't have any fail on me or any parts needing replacement like others did. And they're definitely quieter since the water dampens the sound

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
The QD are amazingly quiet and I'm still using the older dry sides. The driver made the most difference and the wet sides are pretty nice too. I don't get as much slippage and then the buzzing when the magnets are off center. The dry sides can get pretty mangled in the bearings if you don't keep them lined up well.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
As far as the comparison between the jabeo and the ecotech pumps both of them can be connected to the apex with modules.I personally like the MP'S cause I also have an ecotech light and the reeflink that connects both light and pumps and the configurations for both of them are easy to adjust (even from my phone)as far as being cost effective if the jabeo pumps aren't lasting you more than a year you might want to weigh your options.I still have a 2ND generation MP that works perfectly and If I want to I can upgrade it to the newest version drivers and wetsides.the only thing that goes bad on the MP'S that I had come across is the dryside bearings go bad.for the cost of having to replace a jabeo pump numerous times you could have had an MP..but I'm sure others will disagree. .or would rather spend money on another Jabeo pump

Hefe-Weizen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm dropping the MP40's and going back to Tunze. I paid $400 for both of the 2nd gen MP40's and needed two new wet sides at $95 a piece and one new power supply(can't recall what I paid).

I had a Tunze(6100 I think) for ten years and only needed a $35 impeller replacement once. I paid around $300 for it. I am now getting two 6095's for $320. I will bet that the 6105 is closer to a vortech but I only have softie LPS so I didn't need the extra punch. Between replacement parts and overall cost Tunze is my new choice.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I had WP first and then got a great deal on used mp40s. If I hadn't gotten the deal on the MP I would not have purchased them.

I have to say that out of the 2 WP I had, after 1 yr, only 1 had the motor fail. That was a $30 fix to get another sent from fish street.

I bought it when they first came out and had them direct ship from China on a group buy.
So, my WP 40 only cost $65 each brand new I think.

The wireless mp40s I bought were used for about 2yrs or more. The used price was a bit more than twice the cost of a WP.
In that package I got two mp40s and one extra wet side.

2 of the wetsides turned out to have either a warped magnet or bad bushing or something. Essentially, I need 2 new wetsides so that is a $150 fix. Still cheaper than buying 2 new mp40s though...

However, I will also not be buying a new WP or RX because I now also have the gyre and LOVE IT.

It pushes more water than my WP, and MP40. I don't even set the gyre over 40% and I get great flow throughout the tank.

I also have no need to sync my pumps with anything else, and no need for a variety of flow types. The gyre does provide that, and can sync with the apex, but I don't need that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: