hjp109

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone used laser to kill aiptasia or some uncontrollable green palys. Any side effects? Would the palys give off some toxins? Will it crash my tank, if I did a few a day or a few every week? I've tried different things for aiptasia from nudibranches, peppermint shrimps and chemicals and etc. and just can't get control of it. I've seen some videos on people using lasers to kill aiptasia and some uncontrollable corals. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk7mA5PuAQ )

Just want everyone's true opinions or experiences.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I've used concentrated talk solution i.e. paste. I put it in a syringe then plop it on the aipstasia or unwanted coral in question. I don't do more than 8 small squirts and I aim for the mouth ! It only takes a tiny amount to kill them if you hit dead center.

I did this over the course of a week many moons ago and now only have 3 visible very small ones.

I already had walk powder around. I hear it is the same stuff as aip x and joe's.
cheaper imo.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I have the Majano wand. Got it a while back had a few larger and few smaller ones. Zapped them all and now they are all gone. Just noticed a small one on my clam shell will zap him later. I highly reccomend the Majano wand.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: