bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-1-million-aquarium-customized-fish-tanks-as-home-decor-1446741562

I cant wait to see what this thread starts. A friend of my wife actually gave my wife the article from the NY Times and said "here, give this to your husband"
Hmm, what was she thinking?
btw the coral tank is fake corals, imagine what the price would be if it were real corals with real equipment needed to maintain those corals ans lets not even get in to what the cost would for an sps dominant tank!!!

Last edited:

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I think in the end a lot of these tanks are taken down, as the people that have them put in get bored or move on to something else and don't want to be bother with them, not that most are taking care of them themselves anyway.

I know most if not ALL of these tanks built for these people are absolutely being maintained by an outside company. The only thing these kinds of people with these types of aquariums are doing is basically overfeeding the fish and windexing the glass and ill bet anything its all done by the housekeeper and not the owners.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: