mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you said it in one line and it is so true.
The point of my story is that everyone has their own situation.
we are all giving opinions and advice. you have to sort it out and implement your own
methods and procedures. and stay with it.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Would it be easier to remove the inverts/coral and put the tank in hypo for a month? Just make sure you keep an eye on PH/alk as at 1.009SG PH fluctuates rapidly if alk isnt kept high enough. I do this with Kalk topoff but everyone has their method to deal with ph swings.

menac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Maybe you could try a DIY fish trap to catch the remaining fish. There is a link on youtube on how to make one out of a soda bottle.
My fish also started to show signs of ick on the same day I posted my comment here. I was also going crazy trying to figure out what to do. I purchased seachem cupramine to treat them but I noticed they are eating well and and my purple tang who had the marks no longer has any signs of ick. This does not mean ick is not present still it maybe in the swimming stage but who knows.

What I did do is drop the temp to 88 degrees and feed them a good diet soaked in garlic and did 60 water change as precaution. I don't know all these steps I took worked or if they will work for you but they appear to be doing better in my case.

I am still monitoring them and will take them out and treat them with cupramine on Friday. The quarantine tank is ready to hold them for a few weeks. My main display with remain without fish for 3-4 wks.
I brought this upon myself for not quarantining one single fish I added last week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: