reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
well i just ordered some... ill let everyone know how it is when it gets here. they have a black friday 10% off deal, so comes to $63 for the 50 lbs... couldnt resist.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Yeah. I really just want a nice porous rock that isn't too honey. I ordered some brs reef saver rock and was really upset with how dense the rock was. It just had massive holes doing through it, but the rock itself was very very dense.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So heres the picture of the rocks with a 12 pack of corona for size comparison. Also ive included a picture of the bottom of the box so you can see there really wasnt much junk filler in the bottom. The weight of the box according to fedex was 54.7 lbs so its probably a bit over the 50 lbs that i paid for.

Attachments

• 1127151342a (1).jpg
    1127151342a (1).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 164
  • 1127151343.jpg
    1127151343.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 165

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
yeah, so this stuff is crap. I'm finally getting around to using some, and boy is it dense. Had it sitting in the sump for several months to get "live" now im thinking about ordering more BRS reef saver, or some of the reefcleaners rock that i've heard good things about.

Definitely do not waste your money on this rock, and if you want to, come take mine. Its live now.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
thanks for the offer. A buddy of mine actually has the reefcleaners rocks locally and hes the one who suggested that to me, otherwise i would have gone with the BRS stuff which I had purchased 25 lbs if it a while back and was pretty happy with it.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
This and reef saver is artificial, it's basically chunks of cement that's why it's so cheap.

I dont think thats true about the reef saver, I purchased some of it a little while back and it is pretty nice and porous. If you're referring to the rock I got from petsolutions being cement that was broken up, I would be inclined to believe that.

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
All the Florida rock is basically the same. Doesn't matter who you buy it from or what "marketing" name they give it. It is heavier than the "imported stuff" but also cheaper. It's cool rock and stacks well and colors up with time.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
All the Florida rock is basically the same. Doesn't matter who you buy it from or what "marketing" name they give it...

As far as I know, all Florida LR is aquacultured...it is a calcium rock that is 'mined' on dry land and placed in a section of the ocean that the company leases from the state. When the rock becomes 'live' they can remove it for sale and replace it with more dead rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: