nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey everyone,
I am trying to get my ro di up and running for my new tank. But, unfortunately I am retarded and can't follow instructions. I know it is supposed to be simple. :smash: Anyway, I have the sink attachment because I am scared to pierce the pipe. I am just trying to figure out how to connect the di portion. Do I have to cut the tubes? I am attaching a picture so you can see what I have already done. Don't laugh and please help!!!!!
Nicole

ro.jpg

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Unplug everything you have going to the top filter and plug it into the DI filter the same way.
Don't use that top filter. It's some kind of coconut shell filter which helps the water taste better for drinking. It will not help you with your fish tank.

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
One of the blue tubes (the one going to the top canister) should go through the clear canister (DI resin Chamber), so unplug that and connect it to the DI chamber, and out either to your collection tub or over to the top canister... you can either choose to use or not use the top canister depending on whether you will be collecting water for drinking purposes...

Odessaboy1

Pleximan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup Diagram

Here is a little diagram that show how to connect tubes. Let me know if you need any more help:) :)

Attachments

• cart.jpeg
    cart.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 65

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
nijunet you can't follow oddyseas' diagram.

hope this one helps
b0_1.JPG

i think you used this pic and it confused you. the blue tubing that comes out of that funny looking splitter goes into the resin chamber and then from the resin chamber to the sixth stage cartridge. make sure to follow the flow arrow on the sixth stage cartridge

Last edited:

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks everyone,
So, If I am understanding correctly, I can get rid of the final filter for taste and odor, take the blue tube and connect it to the right side of the di chamber and move the other tube down to the left side? And then I should be done right?

Scarf, I tried to follow that picture and that is when I got confused about cutting the tubes because they still had that taste filter on.

Since I am using a sink connector, I can just disregard the piercing valve, and what about the discharge thingy (sorry about the terminology) at the end of the yellow tube? Sorry if my questions are stupid you can make fun of me, I can handle it.:wink1:

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
nijunet you can't follow oddyseas' diagram.

The blue tubing that comes out of that funny looking splitter goes into the resin chamber and then from the resin chamber to the sixth stage cartridge. make sure to follow the flow arrow on the sixth stage cartridge

The "splitter" is an automatic chut off valve. If it works properly, when the flow of purified water is stopped by a float valve and in any other way, the valve will stop the flow of waste water from the unit.

If you get ambitious, you'll want to replace the horizontal DI housing with a larger, refillable, vertical DI housing.

Russ @ BFS

nijunet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi Jim,
I think I got it up and running, not 100% sure but, I tested the water and it came up 000. If you don't mind taking a look at it when you get here that would be appreciated. Getting everything ready this weekend. See you Tuesday!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: