Status
Not open for further replies.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
and honestly, whether he sold all of them to one customer or to several customers who cares. point is to sell. btw legally if you dont put a amount you cant deny the sell. walmart tried this one me once. i went in knowing i could buy wipers cheaper from them then i could at wholesale and i took every single wiper blade they had by a certain brand, cash register guy looked at me funny then called a manager and manager said i couldnt buy them all cause what it other customers wanted to buy some. i said does it matter if i buy all of them or if it takes him months to sell this many. he still persisted that i couldnt and i asked him so so me a limited amount sign stating other wise. btw i bought 147 wiper blades from them that night and 2 days later they had restocked them

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
How much of a savings was it that it offset the cost of renting a van? (I've never bought premade water I got a deal on a RO/DI unit and fillters last a while using well water)

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
You Guys sound like a bunch of ladies. The op sounds like a pain and to say his loss when he is basically selling you the water at cost isn't much of a loss. The limit was in place so later when other customers came in and said I like to buy some. They would be there

vashawn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I think the bottom line here is the vendors/merchants should honor there advertise post if there's no limit advertise at the time of the advisement!

If you go grocery shopping, etc and there's a deal on a item they do limited the number you can buy.

1st come 1st serve o say they say! Why am I getting out of my bed to come to your store to then limit me and worry about other customers. Who knows if the other customer is coming.

Then to tell his brother he can't purchase a set of nutrawater is BS!
Isn't he still a customer? Regards less!

I think the kid (Leo) knows what he's doing as far as buying all that water.
RODI vs Nutrawater.

The bottom line is
If there's a limit then put a limit at the time of advertise!

Vendors/merchants fail to forget there's a lot of other way of buying livestock and dry stock. Weather its selling, trading, free and on line. But there's a reason we still come to your stores! So do the right thing.

Keep your place and tank clean
Answer the customers question no matter how many time you've heard it. It's your store your trying to sell that fish!
Post visible price on the tanks and dry stock shelves. Why am I am waiting for this guy to go and ask the other guy the price. Try to work with us on cash and price especially if making dropping $$$. If not I (we) can wait until a few weeks for another merchant/vendors or reefer.

Thank u

And thanks to the vendors/merchants who had great holidays deals!!

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
So the difference is with Nurti water you can actually start your tank quicker! Which is what I'm trying to do! Unlike some people I don't have a system to mix water, not for now! At the end of the day, even if I called 3x or 10x it was to assure i would be able to purchase the item and not waste my time going. But I guess if it takes a Business owner to lie to get customer just to come, he it worked!

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Nutri won't start your tank faster the bacteria involved in the nitrification cycle and those involved denitrifiaction cycle are benthic,they colonize surfaces like live rock and substrate. They also use oxygen. I doubt much if any useful or viable bacteria come in the packaged water.

Remiball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 82.9%
29   6   0
So the difference is with Nurti water you can actually start your tank quicker! Which is what I'm trying to do! Unlike some people I don't have a system to mix water, not for now! At the end of the day, even if I called 3x or 10x it was to assure i would be able to purchase the item and not waste my time going. But I guess if it takes a Business owner to lie to get customer just to come, he it worked!

You need to make sure you have some quality live rock. The Nutri will not cycle your tank any faster. It is a quality water, but not for that use.

Live rock ... and sand quicken the cycle. You can buy established live rock on the forum without a problem.

Take your time and cycle the tank properly ... and do not buy used pumps etc....

Salt water damages everything, better it is yours and new (warranty). Believe me I learned that trying to save a buck is not worth it. You are usually buying someone else's problem.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
Nutri won't start your tank faster the bacteria involved in the nitrification cycle and those involved denitrifiaction cycle are benthic,they colonize surfaces like live rock and substrate. They also use oxygen. I doubt much if any useful or viable bacteria come in the packaged water.

+1

To the OP... this whole mess should have been avoided by the owner. Its sad when I hear stuff like this but so very important that we share these expieriences. I personally was going to visit the aformentioned LFS. however, its doubtful I will be doing that now. I think the owner should have sold the 20 boxes and if he didn't make a dime than he can call in another order and restock and then he would have you as a customer. EVEN if he made a mistake and e is losing a dime on the sale if he made a promise its got to be followed through in buisness. I would imagine that he will lose much more buis. by losing you and others. its a shame.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I don't think this should deter anyone from visiting. Was it probably a messed up situation as a result if miscommunication sure but I don't think anyone should pass judgement based solely on anothers experience. To the OP I would save those containers and purchase premixed water in the future or invest in a RODI.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
IMO buying any bottled seawater is a waste. It's not going to do anything that synthetic made water won't. There are too many witch oils and other products that utilize vague terms in the hobby. "Trace minerals"......My urine has trace minerals. You wanna dose that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: