bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This evening I went and picked up my 20 gal from Jim. All went well in the tear down.

The drive home was fine.

I've been working on the setup for an hour and a half. Here's where the fun starts!

My mag 7 died a while ago. Jim put one of his in the tank he had on hand. I have 2 Eheim 1262's sitting here, so I thought I'd put one on the tank, rather than buying a new mag7.

It won't fit in the sump.

So for the next while my sump will be external from my stand. It's a 15 gallon tub. No biggie. Except the plumbing won't reach. I ghetto'd together an adapter for 1 1/2" pool hose (the blue and black stuff) so I could attach two pieces together. Seems to be working so far. Luckily I had a 10' piece of 3/4" tube for the return line. Did I mention that since I used a different sump I had to use all my waterchange water to get the system running? I did. So the DI filter is now churning away. It sounds like a waterfall and it's making me go to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so. Good thing I have a pot of coffee on.

When I got my livestock home, I threw a rio 800 in the bucket with my anenome and clowns. I noticed that the sound of the pump had changed. Yup. Anenome was sucked into the intake of the pump. I unplugged it and let it be. Maybe it will disloge itself. Maybe it will go to that big reef in the sky and nuke the clowns as well. Maybe, we'll see.

Since I'm going to treat the main tank for flatworms, I'm setting up the clowns and anenome in my old 15 tall. If I can find a pump around here that will work and not shred the livestock.

Back to work I go!

Pics sometime when I get around to it.

B

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
B, glad you got a tank back in your house.
Sorry that it's not going as smooth as it should.
If you need any help give a shout.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well,
tank looks okay. Couple o things are closed up, but I just kicked the lights on (PC's for now. I have room to work in the tank with them on top) and nothing is dead. Clams were closed, we'll see how they are after a bit.

What's the big change going from a bakpack to a deltec mc 500?

You've actually got to tune the deltec. Nice watery skimmate, and a bunch on the side of the stand. The collection cup filled up and bubbled out the air hole in the top!

The anenome actually has bubble tips! not big giant ones, but they're still bubbles. And do you think I could seperate the mamma clown from it? Not without loosing blood. So they're going to stay in the bucket for a bit.

All said and done it's set up and running. I've got to find a plastic bin that will fit int the stand. Then I can put everything out of view. I'm using a regular 20gal tupperware for the make up water now. It should be enough for a big change after I dose for fw's. (first I want to get the skimmer dialed in.)

Jim, I SHOULD have taken the mag 7. Then everything would have fit in the sump! And sorry, you're married, so no going home with me. Besides, you've got the wrong set of chromosomes. . .

I'll take some pics when I get home from work tonight.

B

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Pics later. Going to clean up the mess I made and go to work. Plus, my roommate has my zoom lenses. All I have is a 100mm macro.

Using a tank for make up/change water. I never thought of that! hmmmm. makes me think I want to design a seat and then see how big of a tank I can fit inside. . . looks like I'm taking my computer to work today.

here's a pic of the one I built for this tank. It hides a 5 gallon bucket.

B

Attachments

• mar 6 042.jpg
    mar 6 042.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 57
P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Damn, it's about time. I lost track of what was going on. From glass cages, to starfire diy, to who knows, lol. But glad you got the system going, and glad to hear it's not a fanthom tank! lol

Where was your livestock all this time? If the tank is new why are you treating for flatworms already?

Get them pics up! And please post more than one :biglaugh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: