• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's funny how members here act when ur trying 2 sell something most wanna low ball and act like they are doin you a favor but in reality they are just lowballin but when u try n buy something it's totally the opposite now ur wasting their time wats up wit that lot of phonies here on mr

Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I find that a lot of sellers are trying to make a profit. Which is ok I guess. I am not in this hobby as a business. Anything I sell is just to put back in to the hobby. I would usually much rather trade.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone i ever dealt with that i met through this site was straight up cool. This place rocks.
Speaking of rocks, looking for a bunch for my new build, if anyone comes across a super deal, let me know

Last edited:

WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a chuckle out of people who sell crap for more then it costs new and says price is firm. A week later they will drop the price $5, on a item which costs $200 new but they are asking $275 , for the weekend. A week later they will comment how they can't believe it didn't sell and extend the weekend sale. 3 pages of bumps and 2 months later they still have they item.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I get a chuckle out of people who sell crap for more then it costs new and says price is firm. A week later they will drop the price $5, on a item which costs $200 new but they are asking $275 , for the weekend. A week later they will comment how they can't believe it didn't sell and extend the weekend sale. 3 pages of bumps and 2 months later they still have they item.

Yup. seems to happen here less. Craigslist, wallapop, offerup, people ask more for used than you can get it for new. Crazy. Gotta do your homework and know what you'r looking at

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
how about when u have a new item 4 sale below da original price n they still try n lowball just can't t understand cats here

keep in mind some people may be trying to factor in the prices of driving out to pick up the item. Especially living in this area with the crazy prices of some of these bridge tolls, some people may end up spending a pretty penny to go a short distance.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok granted but if ur gettin the item 4 much less than online y still haggle in this hobby we all travel regardless of tolls or gas that's not n excuse plain n simple u have good da n da bad

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Also u have others Askin y r u sellin ur item does it matter it's not gonna change da price

I feel that also can have a good rationale as well.

For example, if someone is looking to purchase a new light or a new power head, I would understand if they ask why.

It may turn out that the buyer has a similar set up as the seller and if the seller is selling lights or a power head because they were too strong for the current set up, that would help that buyer come to the same conclusion that they also need to look at smaller equipment.

What would be more detrimental to the community is a seller not being honest about why they are selling when asked, because if the above example, you would just screw over the person who purchased the equipment, because now they would have to try selling the stuff for the same reason.

Also, I'm totally just playing devils advocate here, but my point being that there are different circumstances which may warrant the situations which you seem to be blatantly bashing, and I'm not a big fan of generalizations.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
and I'm not a big fan of generalizations.

That too is a generalization..lol,,,sorry couldn't resist.

My buying and selling transaction here have all been quick,, since I live 45 minutes from the city I tend to be flexible with things I sell. I don't expect people to sell me things the same way but it's appreciated. One guy sold me a light and I didn't even meet him! I left the cash with the doorman and he gave me the light!

ohdanny

Just reefing
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
LOL, i low ball politely. can't afford all those cool & expensive equipment. If they say no then it's whatever, I'll wait till I finish school and get a good job and buy the high end equipment later. i lowball ($10-$50 less then asking price), to see if i can save a couple of bucks for textbooks. school>reef tank LOLOL. if you have a problem with lowballer just reply with "no thanks" not a big deal.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: