Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
hello everyone,

i need a pump for a 120 with dual overflow. anyone got a good recommandation on a good pump? dont say rd cuz that's out of the budget. i'm looking between a panworld 50xx, genx mak4, or velocity t4. anyone have experience with any of those? any other recommanded pumps are welcome to be thrown in the mix to confuse me some more:fishhit: thanks guys

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Drunk- i prefer external

House- so panworld is better than the genx? the t4 is dead silent, but i heard it adds heat. is it that big of a difference? i'm looking for something quiet but heat will be an issue.

thanks

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
no pressure... ehiem
if you need pressure, I'd go with Blueline pumps from championlighting.
high flow, low wattage and quieter than Iwaki.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nsr,

When I ran a remote sump on my 92 I used a Velocity T4. The pump had about 15' of head pressure and I still had to throttle it back. My sump was in the garage and the tank was in the family room. I did not have any heat issues when the tank was setup this way.

About six months ago I decided to move the whole setup upstairs into the living room. I now had to go with an under the tank sump, the T4 was just to powerful for the one overflow to handle. I had to throttle it back by 75%. When I ran it under the tank, there was a 2-3 degree increase in the tank. I think this was contributed to the fact that the pump was being throttled back so much and that my tank water volume went from about 120 gallons to about 80 gallons. The pump is extremely quite.

Steven

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
loismustdie- are the bluelines enery efficient?

Steven- thanks for the input on the t4. i guess heat is a problem with that pump. but it is extremely quiet. btw, did you get my pm?

anymore inputs guys?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: