sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So finally I got a chance to visit The reef shoppe yesterday. I must say it is a great little store. Very clean and precise.
I met the owner Anthony and his employee (sorry forgot his name) and they were both so nice to deal with.
Great selection of fish and I mean a huge variety. I ended up buying 15 fish

Highly recommended.

Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So finally I got a chance to visit The reef shoppe yesterday. I must say it is a great little store. Very clean and precise.
I met the owner Anthony and his employee (sorry forgot his name) and they were both so nice to deal with.

Highly recommended.

Sunny

Anthony is a good friend of mine. I just figured everyone already mentioned his place.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Max reef sucked!! Most of all fish sold were diseased and anyone who bought from them without QT'ing is a fool. IN fact, they closed up shop in CT out of blue. They are done. They did the same thing is the Bronx the last time. Open one day, gone the next. What does that tell you?
It tells me that you have a deeper issue with Max Reef that goes beyond what i care to know.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0

Highly recommended.

Sunny
Only 15 huh

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you say so.

You are biased and i frankly do not care.

Glad the op satisfied his urge, sorry to hear he was only able find 15 fish

Biased? No, it was frankly a friendly warning. If you made a purchase that was diseased and wiped out your tank you would be "biased" too, even after employees lied to your face and told you they QT ALL fish. Enjoy maxreef

Last edited by a moderator:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Biased? No, it was frankly a friendly warning. If you made a purchase that was diseased and wiped out your tank you would be "biased" too, even after employees lied to your face and told you they QT ALL fish. Enjoy maxreef

IME, I wouldn't believe ANY LFS that said they QT all (or any) fish...with multiple shipments from multiple locations there is no way anyone could properly QT fish for weeks before selling them.
They may keep them in 'the back room' for a day or two, but they will not be properly QTed.
Always QT your new purchases...
When did they close?... They just announced a New Years sale a few days ago

Last edited:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
IME, I wouldn't believe ANY LFS that said they QT all (or any) fish...with multiple shipments from multiple locations there is no way anyone could properly QT fish for weeks before selling them.
They may keep them in 'the back room' for a day or two, but they will not be properly QTed.
Always QT your new purchases...
When did they close?... They just announced a New Years sale a few days ago

Exactly Albano,,I wouldn't believe or expect QT from a store that's just going way above and beyond.. I do appreciate removing the bad fish though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: