BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
HEY MR

Anyone ever experience their reef brite blinking? I have a 36" fixture that is blinking on and off aprox 3 seconds on and 10 seconds off. Reef Brite said the power supply is bad. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen? I am skeptical of buying a new power supply and having further issues.

Thanks,

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
So I dug a little deeper and did some poking around online. It seems like the power supply is to blame. I opened it up to see if I could locate the fuse that's supposed to be in there... I didn't find a fuse, at least a fuse that looked anything like the fuses I am aware of. What I did find was a pretty strong electronic burnt smell. I'm going to buy a new power supply. My question is does anyone know where (either locally or online) where I can find the appropriate replacement. I would like to avoid paying $40 something bucks for this thing being that I see similar units for a fraction of the price. (Down to $1.50 on alibabba.com) the problem is you have to buy them in very large quantities. Anyway here is a pic of the power supply. The connector barrel is 5.5/2.5mm . It's funny how much you learn in this hobby.
cf5196babcb936dd6ed0d3762ad816b5.jpg

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The markings and stickers on the supply suggest that it is the right supply. In addition I trust the reefer I bought it from. I have been having a hard time finding a supply that matches the exact specs online at any price point. Of course premium aquatics does not give the specs of the power supply on their site or have a pic where you can clearly see it. Its looking like I have no choice but to purchase it from PA. There is a lighting supply store not too far from my house I think I will stop by and ask them for some advice. I would honestly rather support a small business than pay a company that seems to be overcharging. Depending on how much this replacement cost me it looks like I lost the gamble of buying used.. Oh well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: