Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I am adding a calcium reactor to my system and bought a Korallin reactor but it didn't have a PH Probe Port, So I Googled to see what a new lid with ph probe port would cost and I found a new lid for $65. As we all know how expensive this hobby is so I decided to see if I could add one myself. First I found a Ph Probe adaptor online for $8, I had the Drill bit ( 45/64 ) and a Tap ( 1/2" ), I tested it on a piece of Lexan plastic first and Next it was onto the reactor lid and I will let the Pictures tell the rest.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 383

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I Got 2 request for help with drilling and tapping their calcium reactor to add a ph probe, I'm glad to help them out. I really posted this to help others save some money buying new lids for $65-$85 when this cost zero if you have the tools. Hopefully anyone who googles this topic my post will help them out.

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Thanks LT I will also post in DIY, Silk it was very easy I was done it 5 minutes, and didn't even hesitate with the lid of reactor, i figured if it broke i was going to by new lid with probe port anyway, this is the way these companies do it anyway anyone interested in doing this you can PM me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: