Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
I am so upset, I always recommended jebao products to my friends and used it myself but I give up. I was doing a water change 2 days ago and pushed the 10 minute button on my controller and the pump never turned back on. The pump is a dc 12000 and ive had it for like 2 years and until Friday worked great. I even opened it cleaned it and nothing, then I brought it over to my friends house and tried it on his controller and powersupply and nothing. I have been threw 3 wave maker pumps then got fed up and bought 2 mp40s and never had a problem with them since. I thank god that I had a mag 18 in the closet which is the pump I had on before and it turned on with no problem, gotta love your mags. I wonder if it could be the impeller, but the impeller looks good I am so done with jebao products there only good for a year or 2 your better off spending alittle more and having warrenty. The jebao warrenty is horrible ive tried and you get no response to your emails.

Last edited by a moderator:

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thanks for the warning. I was just about to purchase two Rw4 from them.

Even the items bought on Amazon aren't covered with a good warranty? I also saw reef breeders carries their items. I'm surprised that they wouldn't back the items they sell.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Some credit cards offer an additional year of warranty after the manufacturer warranty expires, so you can possibly claim it through your credit card if they have it. I know Discovercard and any card with Visa Signature. I think some American Express as well.

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
I learned along time ago to always have back up, from a bad experience of a pump dying on me at night and me having to travel to get a new pump and keep the fish alive all night. I think the mags are good pumps and cheap they can last you like 10 years lol

Hove75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Man u got off lucky i bought a jebao doser set it up was working great tell jan 1st. I went to work and my apex was giving me some strange reading my ph was 10 my orp was zero. I called my wife and asked her to look and tell me whats going on she told me my coral and fish was dead!!! I had 5gal of kalk i was dosing the doser ran and ran tell it put all 5gal of the kalk in the tank and funny thing its still running!!!! So jebao cost me i figured about 1500 to 1800 hundred in cleaning the tank new sand fish coral and the aggregation of dealing with this soooo NO MORE JEBAO for me ever

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My 12000 worked great until it didn't too lol,, I found a site that was useless. I ended up having to buy a new transformer from eBay. I also have a mag pump as a backup! Side note,, my next build will def have those quick disconnect PVC built after the pump in case that ever happens again!

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Heard nothing but horror stories on their DC pumps. Their wavemakers though Ive only lost 1 of the 10 I do own. For the price I treat them like crap and they still work. I refuse to clean them and some I even put on pulse mode all day and night. The new models seem to holdup better than the old ones. I think of the brand like I do my station car whereas my vortechs are my family car.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I think its all relative. Ive had a wp10 fail on me, ive also had a mp10 fail on me. Lost a few mag pumps as well as one dc6000. Then again I have had several tanks with a variety of equipment over the years. Some has been new and some used. I agree that the newer models are getting better and better. Never really had problems with warranties though on any of these brands if bought through a reliable store or website.

Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've had excellent results with Jebao. Wavemakers, return pumps, and dosers. For years now.
Sure, a pump failed on me here and there - there are moving parts - things fail. In my opinion, it is worth the money.

zenfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
generally its good to try different tech for this hobby although long term it is expensive but also, experience tells you, in this hobby when you play with crap, your tank ends up looking like ****.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
At just a fraction of the price off their more reliable counterparts , I find the RW series cost effective. In the medical field, where I work, or even during war time (from the history channel), extras are bought to be used as spare parts. So how many spare RW15s can one get for just one MP10? what's the pricing now? I think that's 4 or 5 full jebao RW15s (extra controllers, pump housing, impellers, magnetic mounts, etc.) fpr the price of one MP10.
(Not sure if I'm listing the correct corresponding models)

Sure everyone likes to have one BMW in the garage, but for that price one could get 3 fully assembled Ford Focuses,

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
These pumps are pretty ok. That's the best I can say about them. They lose power so fast. Constant maintenance to keep them at the gph you want.

I still rather stick with my koralias. They need maintenance less often. Much more reliable in my opinion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: