neptune

Rating - 94.2%
65   4   0
but how come we cant just put britta filter water in our tanks..it seem like the same stuff??????????????????i have a used kent marine dual see through canister r/o i dont know how many tds it is but one canister
the filter one is dark brown with dark brown hair like growths all over it
swaying away when i make water.............and the carbon filter is brown too........do i need a new set up??????my tank looks good...but my nitrates are high...i have 40 sump/asmg3 skimmer/seperate fuge full of calupra-cheato/phos reactor/mrc1 calcium reactor/ 250x2 hood se/ using
esv carbon/ on a 90 gallon sps/lps/softys.......quit one pump1117 gph and 2 seio 110/1 seio 620

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Brita's pretty much run water through carbon and another material to trap the metals and remove chlorine in tap water into the carbon. Alot get through and it only half conditions your water. Ro/di filters run water through membranes that allow water to pass through but the stuff dissolved into the water, ie. chlorine and metals and all that good stuff, to be totally prevented from passing through using really cool micro pores and pressure. brita's usually remove half or more of the stuff and let more through the more water that passes through the filter while RO units are at around 99% or so. The Di part of the filter actually aligns the ions and makes the water more balanced (?i dunno) It makes the water better.

Its a better filtration unit. If anyone would think of using a brita, you would get the same results from what the water would do to your fish tank as if you ran water through a sheet of paper towel then dropped a chlorine tablet to remove the chlorine =0)

Anyways correct me but i think i got the jist of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: