Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Ive been laying low in the hobby for a little while since I didn't have the time. Recently I've had more time I'm not working full time at the moment and am only part time in school for my last 6 credits so I've had a whole lot more time to dedicate top my tanks again and I've been working on them again etc.

So today is probably the first time i was gonna buy a new fish in a long while, drove from the Bronx to Yonkers to find out max reef is no longer there lol. Did they close up shop for good? did they move?

Well anyway now I'm looking for some suggestions on a lfs preferably in or near the Bronx but I'm willing to travel. ..I'd rather not go into Manhattan or Brooklyn but it's not out of the question either. Looking for good quality fish decent selection and reasonable prices. Max reef had a good mix of all of those factors.

Also any suggestions on online websites to order from, I've previously shyed away from online due to shipping costs but again I'm not 100% against that either.

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yeah that store moved to ct there's a good store on morispark address is 900 morispark ave called the reefshop in down stares across the street from cvs

I'll check out the one in morris park considering it's probably a 5-10 minute ride. I saw the one in ct when i Googled it and the website didn't look the same as when it used to be in Yonkers so i didn't think it was the same company. It looks nice have you been there? Still similar prices? I'm not against planning a trip over to check it out sometime in the future.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they moved from Yonkers to the bx then to ct I haven't been there since but I heard it's not the same the place on moris park is pretty good good prices every Sunday then get a shipment in a lot of time the have some rare fish it's a growing shop every that work here is cool go check it out you will like it

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
No they moved from Yonkers to the bx then to ct I haven't been there since but I heard it's not the same the place on moris park is pretty good good prices every Sunday then get a shipment in a lot of time the have some rare fish it's a growing shop every that work here is cool go check it out you will like it

Thanks i appreciate the input I'm on my way to the place in morris park now

Rating - 100%
92   0   0

Checked it out yesterday it reminds me of how max reef used to be, nice staff reasonable prices a little low on selection since it was end of week but i think i might swing by again today to see what their weekly shipments look like

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: