Todd31

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Hey anyone on LI have a par meter i can rent? Struggling a bit with coral placement and even though i know the par meter wont be so accurate with Kessil lights i'd like to use one to get an idea of the hot and cold spots. Let me know... thanks,--todd

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I've tried a par meter on kessils. Pretty much useless, as soon as you get under the water line the meter bounces all over the place. Maybe if you shut off all flow you have a chance although I doubt it. Do you belong to LIRA?

Todd31

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
No, i dont... but i probably should be a member. I was afraid that was going to be the answer on the Kessils. I'm having issues keeping a mixed 75 gallon reef under 2 360we's ... Ive burnt and killed sps frags with too much light but at the same time browned with not enough light... melted zoas while having some zoas stretching. I know there could be tons of reasons for all of these things happening but i was hoping to get some answers with a par meter...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: