greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
running sulfur reactor and a refug / meat sulfur does reduce phosphates after it consumes the nitrates . My 1200 gallon system is reading .008 with heavy daily feedings . nitrates always read way under 5 depending on the time of day I test or how heavy I feed that day .

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
running sulfur reactor and a refug / meat sulfur does reduce phosphates after it consumes the nitrates . My 1200 gallon system is reading .008 with heavy daily feedings . nitrates always read way under 5 depending on the time of day I test or how heavy I feed that day .
That's good to hear. Have been trying to learn more about this for some time. Seems there's not much info out there on this method. The one common theme among those who use this method is how they can lower phosphates. Google "sulfur denitrator for phosphates" and you'll see what i mean.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you are looking for a complete unit with sulfur . I have a add on here selling a Aquarium Engineering unit for $500.00 . I has two holes for redox standard probe or gf-signet. You can look at the sight for more info hope this helps.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It's not cheap, but cheap usually ends up being VERY expensive in the long run.

If I ever get that house I want and am able to afford a "real" tank again, I would definitely want to go with his equipment.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
why not just carbon dose and skim thoroughly?

The larger the system the more money you will save over time on media. And it works well and quickly. Don't have wait weeks/months for bacteria colonies to grow. That's probably why so many public aquariums use it. Still not sold thou on it's effectiveness on lowering phosphate. This thread is the first i'v heard of it being p04 effective in a meaningful way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: