Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I am planning on teeing off my RODI to a freshwater container (7Gallon)and one to a saltwater container also 7g. The FW will be in one of my kitchen cabinets and the SW will be under my cabinet by my sump. My question is i want to install float valves on both containers so when they are full it can trigger the auto shutoof in my RODI unit so if one container fills and triggers the float valve will it shut off the wster supply to the other container? Or will it continue to fill into other container and when both containers are full and floats are up then the auto shut off will kick in on the RODI?

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can only see two ways to get that working off 1 rodi.
- have First container with float valve, and the next fed from that first with an auto top off.
-Or if one container can be higher than the other, you can do it with two float valves, so when lower container being gravity fed by the higher one fills up the valve shuts off, then the second higher one fills up and both valves are off, then ro unit shuts off.

No wait. Ahda. If you have two float valves hooked up with a tee that goes to ro unit shut off, yes both valves need to be off for the unit to go off, meaning the waste water stops too. But when a float valve goes off water no longer goes to that container because that float valve shuts off that line. It's not like one is going to overflow waiting for the other to fill. When both are full is when you want the ro unit to go off, 2 float valves can totally work.

So 3 ways to make it work.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: