1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What is up with irresponsible vendors taking fish out of water to take pics of them? Bad enough they went through all that stress to get to you. I'm so annoyed seeing vendors posting pics like that! Be a little more responsible and do it the right way... Trying to save some time and effort?? Smh....:mad:

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Some vendors take a quick pic while they are putting them into the tanks after acclimation. Some fish are better handled this way (less stressful) than with a net. Give the vendor an opportunity to make a close inspection.

As long as it is only a few seconds this is no more stressful than using a net.

What is up with irresponsible vendors taking fish out of water to take pics of them? Bad enough they went through all that stress to get to you. I'm so annoyed seeing vendors posting pics like that! Be a little more responsible and do it the right way... Trying to save some time and effort?? Smh....:mad:

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
+1

All it takes is one of these,
lee_container.jpg

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Nope!
So your gonna take a stressed out fish out of a nice large dark bucket ,then put it into a clear specimen container and try to take a pic and freak it out and have the fish slam into the sides instead of just gently picking it up by hand snapping a quick pic and then releasing it ,,,,!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I dont see any problem doing that .i put my fish on my reef that same way... . If you think that's a problem so putting a fish on a bag is a major problem

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Personally I don't like to hold a fish in either a net or my hand if it can be avoided, some fish are too big, fast or smart, because handling a fish can damage its protective slim coat which is its protection from infection and parasites, combine that with stress,which effects its immune system, can lead to those problems.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I see no problem with holding a fish to take a picture. This is especially so for larger fish such as angels or tangs. In fact a hand picture is ideal for those fish. As opposed to trying to capture with a net and placing into a specimen container, then drying hands, then taking a picture...
Pickup fish with one hand, snap picture with other hand...less stressful on the fish and less stressful and more convenient for the human...if done right.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: