piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would think soft corals should be more easier to get at LFS. You would save on shipping. If your looking to get rare and hard ones to fine. eBay is becoming popular and a lot of top sellers are there. I have bought from online from these places with excellent results. Vivid Aquarium, Saltyunderground, Diver's Den, World Wide Coral, Battlecoral, ect. Another way is use MR they are plenty of people and Vendors that have stuff and looking to sell or trade.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I would think soft corals should be more easier to get at LFS. You would save on shipping. If your looking to get rare and hard ones to fine. eBay is becoming popular and a lot of top sellers are there. I have bought from online from these places with excellent results. Vivid Aquarium, Saltyunderground, Diver's Den, World Wide Coral, Battlecoral, ect. Another way is use MR they are plenty of people and Vendors that have stuff and looking to sell or trade.

This is very true, especially if you're looking for rare hard to or different stuff as the only way to get it sometimes is through mail order. You do need to take into account the weather, especially this time of year, when you ship this too.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Shipping will run you too much to make it worth it and if not what you see is what you get like these guys say it's a lot better to see how the coral is doing in the shop. Calvin and Alan have a great store going on with amazing prices at NY Reef Aquatic not too far from Long Island. Actually going there tmrw good people very fair prices healthy livestock. They support MR also that's a plus

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i will give my personal experiance i have only ordered from two places online, live aquaria and pacificeast and had great experiances with both, items were wyswyg live aquaria offers free shipping on orders over 175 and pacificeast discounts down pending how much you spend but will always have to pay for shipping

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in..lol..most of the zoa's and mushrooms in my tank were bought on ebay from a California vendor with shipping only costing $14.99 ..with the zoa's or mushrooms only costing me $10 max =$24.99.I have yet to receive a dead coral

Attachments

• 20160112_184600.jpg
    20160112_184600.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: